Happy Friday, everyone! The last two weeks have been cold and snowy in New York. Usually around this time of year, we would be getting ready for our annual Valentine’s Day trip to Disney World, but we have had to put Disney World on hold this year. I’m holding out for a Disneyland 60th anniversary trip in December, though. Even though we won’t be visiting the happiest place on earth for Valentine’s Day, I still love to celebrate the holiday. Valentine’s Day is special to us. It is when hunny proposed in Central Park (I mean if you can’t get to Cinderella’s Castle to propose, this is THE most romantic spot in NY). So here are my five favorite things to show your loved ones how much they mean to you. You still have two weeks, so don’t say you weren’t warned.
1. Concrete City and State print- If you have a loved one that lives far away or you are in a long distance relationship, this city and state print is the perfect gift. Order a print of their hometown, where you met, or even where you hope to relocate one day. It is a thoughtful and simple way to give a piece of yourself to someone so far away.
$14 on Brickyard Buffalo
2. Winnie the Pooh Valentine Plush- Pooh is still CJ’s number one guy (after her Daddy). The theme of her birthday this year is 100 acre wood, so I figured I would start a few months early and get her this doll. He is absolutely adorable. There’s even a dapper Eeyore in a adorable red velvet tux. Both are sold out online, but still available in stores and right now, all plush toys (except frozen and tsum tsum) are buy one get one for $1!
$19.95 at the Disney Store
3. Giles and Brother Railroad Spike Bracelet- This bracelet is one of my favorite presents ever. Hunny and I have matching ones. Mine has his initials (coincidentally, they are also CJ’s) and his have mine. The bracelet is very unique and I always get compliments on it. It is a perfect every day bracelet that reminds me of the one I love. It comes in brass, gold, silver and rose gold. Giles and Brother is an NYC based jeweler who makes gorgeous unique pieces. They ship very quickly, so unlike a lot of other personalized jewelry pieces, you will definitely have it in time for Valentine’s Day.
$55 at Giles & Brother
4. Heart Knit Boot Cuffs- I am seriously obsessed with these handmade boot cuffs. They are absolutely adorable and perfect for the cold weather. Any girl in your life would be happy to receive them.
$22.90 from Sennursasa on Etsy
5. Play Comme Des Garçons Unisex Converse Sneakers – I live in my Converse. Most people complain that theirs are uncomfortable, but to me, they are the only comfortable shoes I own. These unisex sneakers designed by Comme Des Garçons for JCrew, are a little pricey for Converse, but well worth the money. Your loved one will feel very special and stylish wearing these.
$100 at JCrew