In honor of National Polka Dot Day, Disney has gone all out to promote its newest fashion venture, Minnie Style. Minnie is the original polka dot icon and a true fashionista. Along with Fashion designer, Christian Siriano, and Refinery 29, Disney threw a Minnie themed fashion show in Los Angeles today, inspiring everyone to #rockthedots. To continue with the festivities and kick off a year long polka dot party, there will be an interactive art and fashion installation tomorrow that celebrates Minnie’s iconic style and her place in fashion history at the Paper Agency in Los Angeles! So all of you lucky West Coasters, RSVP and have a ball!. We will be snowed in tomorrow, so instead, to celebrate the cutest pattern and the most adorable fashionista, here are the Rock the Dots picks for Friday Five!
1. Kate Spade Bag – This March, a limited-edition collection celebrating Minnie Style will be released. Kate Spade New York is the designer to turn to when you want a feminine dotted piece, so this collaboration is a no brainer! I hope there will be more pieces other than this gorgeous bag. Shoes and accessories would put me over the moon!
2. The Perfect Manicure – Some girls may be adept at giving themselves a great at home mani. Others are lucky enough to live in an area where it is easy to find a manicurist that can paint amazing designs on nails. Unfortunately for me, I can’t say that I have access to either, so when I need an adorable manicure, I rely on Jamberry nail wraps. They are super easy and come in hundreds of colors and designs. There are plenty of polka dot options, but the poppy and white polka just scream, “Minnie!”
3. Polka Dot Flatware – We dress ourselves like Minnie, so why not dress up our utensils? This flatware set is understated, yet still so much fun. I know I couldn’t help but smile anytime I used them. Life is too short to have a boring home and these are the perfect utensils to make sure your meals are anything, but boring!
4. Limited Edition Minnie Mouse Signature Doll – This might be one of my favorite limited edition dolls ever. Minnie is so chic. It looks as if she has a gorgeous head of long hair and it is styled into to buns, to create her ears. Her black and white peter pan collared dress is such a nice contrast to the usual red dress she wears (and don’t get me started on the pink dress). Her outfit and makeup are so stylish – look at those lashes. She looks like she is about to sit front row during Fashion Week. Ok…so she is sold out online, but many stores still have the dolls available.
5. Tom Ford Polka Dot Tie – This gorgeous silk tie would be a wonderful addition to anyone’s closet! Polka dots are not just for the girls. That special guy in your life needs a little #minniestyle in his wardrobe.
If you are on the East coast, stay safe this weekend during the blizzard! We will be baking, playing dress-up and rocking the dots!!!